Electronic waste, or “e-waste”, refers to any unwanted electronic device. E-waste frequently contains hazardous materials, predominantly lead and mercury, and disposing of e-waste in landfills has the potential to cause severe human and environmental health impacts.
Please do not place e-waste in your garbage or recycling cart.
Pleasant Hill residents can dispose of e-waste in the following ways:
- Arrange for a bulky item pick up. Residents are entitled to have two items picked up annually at no charge. Just call 925-685-4711 to schedule with Republic Services.
- Drop off e-waste at a local e-waste recycler.
- Rapid Recycle takes old electronics for free drop off and appliances for a small fee. Located at 5292 Pacheco Blvd., Pacheco. For more information, call 925-671-8008.
- Concord Recycling Center, free drop off. Located at 1320 Galaxy Way, Concord. More information at 925-689-3900.
- Local stores like Staples and Best Buy accept e-waste for recycling.
- E-waste peripherals including mice, keyboards and speakers are accepted in the brown recycling cart.