The mission of the Commission is to advocate for quality public education in Pleasant Hill. The commission advises the City Council and acts as a conduit between the City and the Mount Diablo Unified School District.
Members must reside in either Valley View or Pleasant Hill Middle School attendance areas and need not be a City resident. The length of the term is normally four years. The commission is comprised of eleven members.
- 7:00 pm
- Fourth Thursday of each month
- Check agenda for location
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Contact the Commission
Current Commissioners & School Assignments
Each Commissioner is tasked with liaising with at least one school in the Pleasant Hill area. Listed below are the current commissioners and their current school assignments (school assignments are subject to change, based on the decision of the Commission):
- Lindsey Dohlman, Chair: Pleasant Hill Middle School
- Anne Launt - Valley View Middle School
- Jennifer Moore: Hidden Valley Elementary
- Jason Sommers: Pleasant Hill Elementary School
- VACANT: Strandwood Elementary School
- Jeanne Donovan: Sequoia Middle School
- Aaron Edell: Sequoia Elementary School
- Laima Haider: Fair Oaks Elementary School
- Ashley McDonald: Gregory Gardens Elementary School
- Troy Jones: Valhalla Elementary School
- Stephanie Canulli: College Park High School
For commission, committee, and board term dates, view the Local Appointments List.