- City Commissions
Commission Creates Resource Donation Page
Working as liaisons with the Pleasant Hill schools in the Mt Diablo Unified School District, the Education Commission has begun putting together a list of items requested by the schools for donated resources. The page can be found in the column to the left.
- 7:00 pm
- Fourth Thursday of each month
- Check agenda for location
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Contact the Commission
To reach the Commission, email email@example.com. You may also contact the Education Commission Staff Liaison Geoff Gillette via email or at (925) 671-5229, with questions or comments.
Current Commissioners & School Assignments
Each Commissioner is tasked with liaising with at least one school in the Pleasant Hill area. Listed below are the current commissioners and their current school assignments (school assignments are subject to change, based on the decision of the Commission):
- Lindsey Dohlman, Chair: Fair Oaks Elementary School
- Lydia Gali, Vice Chair: Strandwood Elementary School
- Jennifer Andersen: Hidden Valley Elementary
- Jason Sommers: Pleasant Hill Elementary School
- VACANT: Pleasant Hill Middle School
- Jennifer Moore: Sequoia Middle School
- Aaron Edell: Sequoia Elementary School
- Laima Haider: College Park High School
- Ashley McDonald: Gregory Gardens Elementary School
- Troy Jones: Valley View Middle School
- Lindsey Dohlman: Valhalla Elementary School
For commission, committee, and board term dates, view the Local Appointments List.
The mission of the Commission is to advocate for quality public education in Pleasant Hill. The commission advises the City Council and acts as a conduit between the City and the Mount Diablo Unified School District.
Members must reside in either Valley View or Pleasant Hill Middle School attendance areas and need not be a City resident. The length of the term is normally four years. The commission is comprised of eleven members.