- 4:00 pm
- Meets the first Tuesday of the month (subject to change)
- Check Agenda for location
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Richard Davies, Chairperson
- Steven Weiss, Vice Chairperson
- Paul Maxwell, Citizen Member
- Robert Arias, Citizen Member
- Jason Kleven, Police Lieutenant
- Ananthan Kanagasundaram, City Engineer
- Troy Fujimoto, City Planner
Staff support to the Commission is provided by:
- Ryan McClain, Transportation Manager Ph: 925-671-5203 or via email
For commission, committee and board term dates, view the Local Appointments List.
This seven-member commission, including four citizen members and three city staff members, review traffic safety problems in the community and recommend action to the City Council. The citizen members are appointed by the City Council, and they must be residents of the City with expertise in engineering, public safety, or professional pursuits which involve a technical and practical understanding of vehicular traffic systems. The length of term for citizen members is four years.
Purpose of the Commission
The purpose of the Traffic Safety Commission is to aid the City Council in the discharge of its responsibilities by:
- Conducting studies of traffic problems, and as a result of such studies, make reports and recommendations on changes in policy and/or administration when such changes are deemed appropriate.
- Holding meetings with representatives from neighborhoods, shopping areas or other areas of the City to hear suggestions and concerns, then studying the situation(s) and considering ways to improve traffic conditions and enhance public safety.
- Working through the various departments of the City and other local governments to implement recommended changes that can be implemented by administrative action.
- Initiating traffic studies in the absence of a specific complaint or request to anticipate and solve traffic problems for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists.