The City of Pleasant Hill Engineering Dept. is excited to announce the launch of the City’s new online permit management system.
PHill Online Service Center
PHill Online Service Center is the city's website for permitting. This multi-faceted site includes various features such as:
- Applying for Encroachment & Grading permits (including uploading plans)
- Paying Fees
- Scheduling Inspections
All new users must register for an account. A log-in is required to apply for a permit or schedule an inspection. Once logged in, all permits tied to the account will be available to view.
Below is a "How to" guide to better assist you with navigating the PHill Online Service Center. If you have questions about the portal or experience any problems please contact 925-671-5264.
After creating an online account, you can begin submitting permit applications electronically through the PHill Online Service Center. The customer will complete the permit application form and then be prompted to upload any required plans and other documents through the portal. The permit will then move into plan review.
If corrections or additional information is required, notification will be sent using the contact email address provided on the application. Once the permit is ready for issuance, the applicant will be notified of the fees due, which can be paid online through the PHill Online Service Center.
The Encroachment Permit checklist is a useful tool to help you assemble the information and documents needed to complete your online application.
Additional Encroachment Permit Information
Questions regarding Encroachment Permits can be emailed here.
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP) – Responsible for public facility projects, including pavement management and storm drain improvements. CIP FY2022-2027
- Development – Responsible for permitting and processing of private development projects, including residential and commercial properties. For updates on major development projects please click here.
- Traffic Engineering – Responsible for traffic projects, including traffic calming and signal coordination.
Request for Proposals
Projects out to Bid
Sidewalk Gap Closure Improvements Project - Oak Park Boulevard & Hook Avenue Notice Inviting Bids Plans Specifications Appendix
Contra Costa Boulevard Improvement Project - (Viking Drive to Harriet Drive) - for questions regarding plans and specs please contact Senior Civil Engineer Deirdre Castillo at email@example.com Pre-bid Agenda Pre-bid Sign-in
Taylor Boulevard Improvements Project, Civic Drive to Ruth Drive - Preliminary bid results
Downtown Street Tree Replacement Project
Projects Under Design
Measure K Programs
- Measure K - Five Year Storm Drain Improvement Program and Two Year Project List
- Measure K - Five Year Bike and Pedestrian Program
Projects Under Construction
Projects Completed (last 2 years)
- Pleasant Hill Library
- Oak Park Boulevard and Monticello Avenue Improvement Project
- Pleasant Hill Road Sidewalk (Pleasant View to Cumberland) 2021
- Signing and Striping Project 2021
- 2021 Street Resurfacing Project
- Pleasant Hill Road (Gregory to Taylor)
- Gregory Lane/Elinora Road Traffic Signal Installation
- Storm Drain Pipe Rehabilitation on Cliffside Drive
- Storm Drain Pipe Slip Lining on Pleasant Hill Road
The Engineering Division also manages the following programs:
- Clean Water (NPDES) Program – Responsible for implementation of federal clean water requirements.
- Encroachment Permit Program – Responsible for permitting of construction in the public right-of-way.
- Floodplain Management Program – Responsible for implementation of the Floodplain Ordinance and minimizing flood damage throughout the City.
- Solid Waste and Recycling – Responsible for managing the City’s waste disposal contract and recycling efforts.
- Street Resurfacing Program – Responsible for managing the City’s Pavement Management System
Street Pavement Moratorium List
Recently Completed Street Resurfacing Work / Street Pavement Moratorium List