Senior Van Information
59Pleasant Hill Senior Van Service
The Senior Van Service is an alternative means of travel for Pleasant Hill seniors run entirely by friendly, reliable, capable volunteers.
Fare: $1.50 each way. For your convenience, 10-ride fare cards are available for purchase. Please call the reservation line below for an order form.
For reservations, call (925) 671-5272 between 9 and 11 am one business day in advance of the ride. For a Monday ride, please call on Friday. For a ride the day after a holiday, please call the last business day before the holiday.
Monday: Medical/dental priorities to Concord, Martinez, and Walnut Creek and within Pleasant Hill
Tuesday: Medical/dental priorities to Walnut Creek and within Pleasant Hill
Wednesday: Anywhere within Pleasant Hill
Thursday: Medical/dental priorities to Concord/Martinez and within Pleasant Hill
Friday: Anywhere within Pleasant Hill
Rules and Policies
- Effective April 21, 2022, masks that cover the nose and mouth are no longer required, but are strongly recommended while inside the van.
- All riders must self-evaluate before their ride for COVID, fever or flu symptoms and cancel their ride if any symptoms are present. (To cancel due to illness after 11 am the day of the ride, please call the Senior Van Service Manager, Lyone Conner, at (925) 671-5259.)
- A rider must be a resident of Pleasant Hill and at least 55 years of age. If unable to board or depart the van unassisted, one aide or caretaker may travel with the passenger without paying an additional fare. There is no charge for service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Reservations must be made one business day before you ride (Monday rides must call on the Friday before). Reservations are taken weekdays only from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Anyone wishing to use the van service must first register. Forms are available at City Hall, 100 Gregory Lane, by calling (925) 671-5272, or by clicking here for a fillable PDF (after filling in the form electronically, please print, sign, and return it to the Senior Van Service). Please allow up to one week for the application to be received and reviewed; a welcome letter will be sent once the application has been approved.